Foreign Languages in Education: Issues and Perspectives
The 1st International Conference on «Foreign Languages in Education: Issues and Perspectives» organized by the School of Foreign Languages of Higher School of Economics will be held in Moscow on December 3 - 4, 2015.
The topic of foreign languages in formal education deals with the role, scope and quality of foreign language learning and teaching within various settings such as primary and secondary schools, tertiary level courses for majors and non-majors, vocational training and life-long-learning programs, to name a few. This variety of educational needs calls for the constant monitoring of the latest developments in foreign language acquisition theory in order to keep teaching practices up-to-date.
We are glad to invite researchers and practitioners to engage in an expertise exchange on the most topical issues of linguistics, cross-cultural communication, and the teaching of foreign languages.
The conference sessions will be dedicated to the discussion of the following issues:
- Linguistic and socio-cultural aspects of foreign language acquisition
- Translation theory and practice in higher education
- Language assessment across various stages of formal education
- Innovative approaches to foreign language teaching
- Peculiarities of teaching several foreign languages simultaneously
- Professional development of foreign language instructors
The conference will also include a round-table discussion on “Academic discourse in research and education”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please, do not hesitate to contact the organizing committee at email@example.com